Me

Me

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Cross Fit

I have recently decided that it is time I got fit. Whilst I have been blessed with a pretty good metabolism rate and can eat anything I want without putting on much weight I still wish that I had a leaner body. Plus the results of my medical check-up have never been good : high cholestorol, high uric acid and low calcium levels.

So I finally decided to do something about it - to change my dietary habits and to start exercising more. First, I started by drinking more water. On a good day I usually get by on 1 litre of water. I have now increased it dramatically and try to drink at least 3 litres per day. I have also cut down on my consumption of Coke (sigh....this is the hardest part). I now allow myself only one or two per week. I used to drink 1 per day! I have also reduced my consumption on unhealthy junk food. My breakfast now also consist of healthier choices such as  Ok, that is as far as I have gotten for now. Will try to eat more greens soon! Oh well, baby steps...:)

I am also trying to reduce my alcohol consumption as it has been affecting my sleep of late. After 3 glasses or so I will have difficulty falling into a deep sleep. I am someone who can get by on 4 hours of sleep as long as those 4 hours are good solid hours of sleep.

As for the exercise department, I am a person who loves cardio more than I do weights. So it was easy for me to increase the frequency of my runs but extremely difficult for me to get started on weights. The solution? Sign up for classes! What class did I sign up for? CROSS FIT! I rounded up 3 other friends and we are now on the course for starters which  consist of 2 classes per week for 4 weeks. I have to say I  am loving it so far. The 1st class was really easy but the second one was a real killer which left me with arms that ached for 3 solid days! But it was a nice kind of pain. Hahaha....masochistic much?

WISH ME LUCK!

No comments: