Me

Me

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

My Mid Life Crisis


Yup! I got my first tatts! I have always been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo. One that says "Live life without regrets" right at the base of my neck. But in light of recent events in my life, I thought "Patience" and "Faith" was more apt. My brother-in-law said it was an interesting choice of words.

You all know about my tempter tantrum that ended my relationship. Anyways, the positive outcome from all of that was that I realised I do have an issue with my temper. That over the years, my friends and boyfriends have always let me get away with it. And this time it cost me something that I cared about. So maybe it is time to realise I have a flaw that needs to be worked on. For some reason anger is always my go to emotion. Other emotions feel like a sign of weakness. My sis told me it is ok to cry sometimes. It is not necessarily a sign of weakness.

For me the word "Patience" is to serve as a reminder that I have to learn to keep my temper in check. It is also to remind me that I have to learn and be patient in waiting for an outcome. That I don't always have to push for an answer and that things will sort themselves out eventually. Patience is to remind me to stop being a control freak.

"Faith" is something that I find harder to hold on to as I got older and life wears you down. I always believed that everything happens for a reason. All experiences shapes us and makes us into who we are today. But as I get older it got harder for me to hold on to the faith that something good will come my way and that whatever happened, god has his reasons for it.

After Bali I will get the tattoo at the base of my neck. I am now torn between "Live life without regrets" or "Live Every Moment, Laugh Everyday, Love Beyond Words." What do you guys think?

1 comment:

Mang + Mang + Mang said...

Base of neck "Let it .."
Base of spine "..slide"