Me

Me

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A new day, A new beginning

Woke up today and I told myself, it is a new day and it will be a new beginning. One chapter has closed and another chapter will now start. I wish that healing was an overnight process. That I will just wake up and be perfectly fine again. But I guess not everything in life comes so easily. Albeit slowly, but surely I will pick myself up again.

Back at work today. Woke up early so came in early. It is time to finally get serious at my new job. I am formally trained as a lawyer. However, I left practice many years ago and was working as an in-house legal counsel. On 1st April 2015 I completely left the legal field behind and have moved over to the retail industry. It's a challenging but exciting role and am looking forward to it.

I am also going to channel my energy into building my secret passion into something more substantive. I love fashion!!! I want to create my own style/fashion blog and hopefully build a business from it. So wish me luck! I want to do something that allows me mobility and to move away from Malaysia.

Life is short, so I want to do what makes me happy. I have always stayed back in Penang because my parents are here and I feel bad if I were to leave them here alone. Both my sisters have moved away and I guess being the last one here, it is harder to move away. Don't get me wrong, Penang is a beautiful island, but somehow I don't feel as though I belong here. I don't quite fit in. Like a square peg in a round hole.

I was just telling a friend of mine that I don't need to live a luxurious life. I don't need to to be wined and dined or showered with gifts. In this life I would be happy if I could do what I love (i.e fashion) with the right guy by my side. I will be truly contented then. Cheesy right? But what can I say, I am a romantic at heart.

Anyways, let us hope that this new chapter in my life will be a happier one. 

No comments: