Me

Me

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Am finally home. After 4 days in KL, I am glad to be home. Don't get me wrong. It was great catching up with my sister over the weekend, but I guess when you are still healing sometimes you prefer the familiarity of your own home. Of my own room.

While I was at the airport waiting to board my flight, I came across an interesting article in The Elite Daily :-


Paul Hudson has done it again. Another article that I can totally relate to. When I first saw the title of the article my heart started to sink (I had initially thought that the article was about the difficulty of moving on) but as I read the article I realised that it actually is a glass half full article. Here are the 17 ways :-

1. You’re overcome with emotion, if only from time to time.

2. You look to all the good times when times get hard.

3. You measure everyone else by all the things you loved about your ex.

4. You learned what you’ll accept and what you won’t.

5. You dismiss potential relationships much sooner than the average person.

6. There’s a good chance you’re still trying to fill those cracks — most likely by less than ideal means.

7. People think you’re pessimistic; you think you’re realistic.

8. You know the next time you fall in love, you’ll make it work.

9. You’ve become more egocentric.

10. You’re likely to be even more driven than before.

11. You respect yourself more.

12. You consider the possibility true love doesn’t exist, but every fiber in your body hopes it does.

13. You think about second chances.

14. When other relationships don’t work out, your mind goes back to the one who broke you.

15. Some of the most basic, everyday things you do are influenced by that person’s memory.

16. Even though you’ve healed, there will always be scars.

17. You know that you found true love once; you can do it again.

After reading the article it gave me renewed hope. That everything will be just fine. The past will always be there. The scars even though healed will leave a mark. But that is all ok. I will be ok. It is always comforting to know that there is someone out there who seems to understand just exactly what you are going through. 

No comments: